VIBRANT Ideation & Marketing is an experiential brand building agency that has been bringing to life brands across North America since 2006. VIBRANT’s experiential expertise is based on its ability to connect live events, retail, trade, digital platforms, innovations and all communications into cohesive campaigns that promote engagement and drive commercial value. To support our growth, we are currently looking for a Director, Outsourced Sales & Merchandising in our Toronto office.
Managing the Business
- Working with the Leadership / Executive Teams, provide the on-going leadership and direction to the various VIBRANT programs, and the management of teams assigned.
- Manage budgets, margins and PNL.
- Design and development of coverage and optimization of territories using mapping software.
- Senior Client “relationship contact” – the expert on the business, who identifies strategic / tactical areas of opportunity / improvement, and gain the support of the key client personnel.
- On-going communication with senior Client contacts – inclusive of program feedback, program updates (people, wins, issues) and final reports.
- Work with the various program management teams to ensure the standards of execution required to deliver against the Client’s business objectives, are in place and operational.
- VIBRANT personnel interface – take on a leadership role in the development and maintenance of strong working relationships with key VIBRANT support teams – i.e. Creative, Program Coordinator, Accounting, Payroll, etc.).
Leading the Team
- Working with the program management teams, to ensure the on-going execution of VIBRANT personnel management process – PDP, succession planning.
- Work with the Leadership Team to define personnel requirements – short term and long term, and provide support to the team in recruiting the required personnel to deliver each years fiscal plan
- Ensure the execution of VIBRANT’s standards of “excellence” with regards to – launches, field execution, field training, personnel development, client reporting, etc.
- Motivate the team through the implementation of “team communications” that celebrate the successes of the team, and hi-light the key wins along the way. This can include newsletter, incentive plans, voicemail messages, email messages, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 8 to 12 years’ experience working in Sales / CPG.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field (Marketing / Sales degree an asset).
- Strategic mindset – able to “think outside of the box.”
- Results-oriented, solutions-oriented, sales-oriented.
- Methodical on follow-up, detail focused, and very organized.
- Understands reporting solutions, KPI’s and metrics.
- Retail knowledge is a must: Banner and Channel.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skilled in client relations – pitching business, setting budgets, producing / reviewing / presenting on-going “performance” reports.
- People management – proven track record in managing and motivating a team of “highly energized” people.
- Bilingual (English/French) and asset.
- High resistance to stress.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to have fun!
If you have a passion for retail-based innovation and leadership, creative thinking, and application, you crave self-achievement in a team where professional development is a core priority and would like to work with the best talents in the industry, then please send your resume without further delay.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org